They've done it again with the recent introduction of the Autograph Intelligence:
This time around they went full geek-mode by utilizing Big Data and Artificial Intelligence to help create their new lens offering!
Shamir looked into the “problem” that not all progressive lens wearers use their lenses the same. While digging deeper into this issue they examined the visual behavior and preferences of presbyopes of all ages.
They also took into account the patient's Visual Age™, which is simply the physiological age of the eye based upon the add power. They found that this generally correlates with the patients chronological age.
Further research showed some interesting results:
- Young presbyopes need a good solution for digital reading (cell phone or tablet) and support for dynamic vision and move between these zones frequently. Intermediate and distance is key.
- Advanced presbyopes need a good solution for far and near and move between these zones with less frequency. Intermediate vision and digital reading are a lower priority.
They found what they like to call “The Gap” with today's progressive designs. Their research clearly showed a correlation between each visual need and the Visual Age™ (add power) of the patient. As our patients age, their needs change.
Most PAL’s are the “same for everyone” and offer a consistent distance, intermediate, and near for all adds.
Using some very cool new technologies on top of their already proven ones, they were able to come up with a solution to this problem. They utilized 12 unique design concepts to fit the visual needs required for each Visual Age™.
The Autograph Intelligence design concept has been based upon their in-depth research and they claim it is relevant to the visual needs of the young, mid, and advanced presbyopes.
Whether your patient is 45 or 65, you can provide them with the best design optimally suited to their visual needs and Visual Age™.
- Every lens design is unique by Visual Age™
- Easier adaptation for presbyopes with low Adds
- Instant focus for every distance
- Smooth transition between vision zones
- Unique user experience for every wearer
- A lens ahead of its time harnessing cutting-edge technologies, Big Data and Artificial Intelligence
- Updated vision zones include digital and computer viewing, with easy switching from one zone to another based on visual needs
The Intelligence also counts towards Shamir's RCPV Rewards Program allowing you to earn reward points when purchased from eligible wholesale optical labs like IcareLabs that report all sales directly to the manufacturer.
For more information on the Shamir Autograph Intelligence CLICK HERE.
CLICK HERE to view everything available on our Shamir Resource Center.
If you have an account, call customer service at (877) IcareLabs to place your orders today.
To open your account, call one of our friendly new business representatives at (877) 272-4407.